Saturday, August 28, 2004

The Media is the Real Enemy

My favorite Iraqi blogger Omar tells it like it is over at 'Iraq the Model'.
Here's a taste:

"So let me see, I’m a reporter in Iraq and I’m here to tell stories that sell from a land that has been invaded, as everyone is saying it was invaded and not liberated. God, that must be awful! Ok so I need destruction, death, fear, clashes in the streets, angry mob...etc. Where do families having dinner in a place they couldn’t afford before the war, or a father buying a new car for his son which he also couldn’t afford before, or a man renewing his house which was falling apart, or free speech and flourishing business, where does all this fit in such a frame?! It doesn’t! Besides, where's the action in such boring stories!? "

God Bless this guy, and all Iraqis fighting to make a living, despite the fact that so many people seem to want them to fail.
Now go read the whole story.

If you are one of the 10 or so people that visit my site on a semi regular basis I apologize for not posting more lately. I've been extremely busy with work, working every night at home after I get home from the office, which is my usual blogging time. I was in a funk and doubting the importance of my blogging, wondering if I should keep doing it. I think my problem was I was taking it too seriously and worrying too much. I want everything I do to be the best it can be, and certainly like all bloggers I want it to be popular, and neither of those things were happening. So I've decided to stop worrying so much and just post whenever and whatever I can. Making an interesting blog is a lot harder than it looks, and takes more effort than I want to give sometimes. But I'll try to do better. For now, I've got a ton of press releases to share this weekend so I'll be posting those, and hopefully a few other things. If you're new, thanks for stopping by, if you've been here before, thanks for coming back.

1 Comments:

Blogger trl1 said...

It's sposeta be fun for you to post and interesting and fun for us 10 readers. But one man's trash is another man's treasure, so post what and when you want and the twisted ten will sort it out and enjoy the posts in varying degrees

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home