Saturday, September 18, 2004

Bocktoberfest

Well its that time of year again, time for towns to have their annual Oktoberfest celebrations. Like I mentioned earlier I'm going to the Addison Oktoberfest today, but one of Texas' biggest and best Oktoberfest parties is Bocktoberfest, down in Shiner, Texas. I've never been so I've decided this year is the year. Part of the reason I've never gone is because there's never been any bands I wanna see, but this year is gonna be different. They finally have some big time acts that I actually like that I'm sure will rock this little Texas town. The line up includes Kid Rock, Staind, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Lyle Lovett, Asleep at the Wheel, Cory Morrow, and Bill Pekar. I dont know about some of those guys but I like Staind a lot and they always put on a good show, and I'm not a big Kid Rock fan but I bet he puts on a good show, and I know Kenny Wayne Shepherd will be good.
The show is Saturday October 16th and starts at noon. They finally have some organized camping available nearby, so I plan on driving down friday night, setting up camp and doing some cooking and drinking and bullshittin, you know the usual camping thing, goin over to the show on saturday then leaving when the park closes sunday at noon. Should be a great time and a fun way to meet some new folks. Tent camping is $25 for one night or $30 for two nights, or $30 and $50 for RVs. Tickets to the concert are $41, or $46 the day of.

For all the info go to the official Bocktoberfest 2004 site.

So go order your tickets and reserve your campsite and I'll see you down in Shiner.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home