Wednesday, September 29, 2004

drumroll please

As you may have heard the Burt Rutan team of SpaceShipOne made their first bid at history yesterday. They launched the first of two flights to the boundary of space to be completed in 2 weeks. They plan on doing another early next week, possibly monday. Apparently it was another tense ride when the craft when into a barrel role at the top, almost causing the pilot to abort before he reached the set limit, which would have made the ride a failure. In fact he was told to abort by his ground controllers but stuck it out for a few more seconds to make sure he reached the 100 km mark.
"A victory roll at the top of the climb is important for an airshow pilot," he told reporters from the runway.
Now thats an american badass.
check out space.com for pix and videos

my hot linking isnt working for some reason, so just go here:

http://www.space.com/

3 Comments:

Blogger Best Buy said...

Decent page, enjoyed it a lot, I can never get enough of ram golf equipment if you can't either check out my site ram golf equipment

7:25 AM  
Blogger alena said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

5:49 AM  
Blogger 6sec said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a credit report repair site. It pretty much covers credit report repair related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home