Saturday, October 30, 2004

Jodi - Do not read this

Ya know, I dont put much stock in dream interpretation cuz I think that dreams mean different things for different people, so its hard to generalize what one thing means for everybody. Having said that, I do own a book that someone bought for me many xmas' ago, called '10,000 dreams interepreted' by G H Miller, and when I have a particularly disturbing dream that wakes me up I will out of curiousity go look to see what my book says it meant. According to Miller's book, "to dream of snakes is a foreboding of evil in its various forms and stages." Great, so what does a dream about being stuck in a swamp surrounded by trees that are literally dripping with snakes mean? I mean they were everywhere, I couldnt get away from them. Finally one dropped on me and I jumped and woke up. Now I dont have a particular fear of snakes, unlike a certain family member, I know that in general if you leave them alone they will leave you alone, and the few I have encountered in my life were more scared of me than I was of them. Not to say I would want one as a pet, no thanks.
But wait, theres more, for some reason there are seperate entries for Reptiles and Serpents too. Check out these words of encouragement; "If a reptile attacks you in a dream, there will be trouble of a serious nature ahead of you." Woohoo! "To dream of serpents is indicative of cultivated morbidity and depressed surroundings. There is usually a disappointment after this dream." GREAT!
I went back to sleep and slept for two more hours after that, but of course I dont remember what I dreamt of. Hopefully all the disappointment came in that dream and I can look forward to nothing but great rewards this weekend. I've got a halloween party to go to tonight, I certainly hope theres no snakes there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home